WHAT IS ISO 17025:2017 CERTIFICATION?
ISO 17025:2017 is a globally recognized standard for a Quality Management System that provides a list of requirements for testing and calibrating laboratories
It is accredited by different bodies in different countries. National Accreditation Board for Testing and Calibration Laboratories (NABL) grants accreditation in India to these laboratories in accordance with ISO 17025
WHY IS ISO 17025:2017 CERTIFICATION NECESSARY?
- Mostly, different testing labs produce different test results for a given sample because of variation in staff efficiency, environmental factors, equipment used, and operating procedures followed while conducting the test. Testing laboratories should get accredited to ISO 17025 to prove their genuineness, technical competency and accuracy of the test results.
- ISO 17025 plays an important role in bringing continuous improvement, self-correction and lab's effectiveness which includes control of records/documents, internal audits for every step performed in the laboratory, organizational structure and review of the test orders received from clients. Technical specifications address the testing methods used, types of equipment and reporting of calibration results
- Mainly, ISO 17025 implementation is necessary to improve control over laboratory operations because of detailed documentation.
WHO CAN OBTAIN ISO 17025:2017 CERTIFICATION?
ISO 17025 is applicable to any organization of any size, both private and government, that wants valid test results. This includes all kinds of laboratories, universities, research centres, governments, regulators, inspection bodies, proficiency testing providers, reference material producers, etc.
The fields where ISO 17025 can be implemented are Mechanical, Chemical, Electrical, Electronics, Biological, Fluid-Flow, Non-Destructive, Radiological, Thermal and Forensic, Electro-Technical, etc.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF ISO 17025:2017 CERTIFICATION?
ISO 17025 accreditation has several methods benefits that are internal as well as external. The majority of those benefits can be witnessed on your day-to-day operation in the laboratory which enables you to improve streamlined internal management, lessened challenges, and improved results.
- This regulatory standard enables laboratories to show that they operate effectively and produce reliable results, thus enhancing customer trust and confidence in their work because of accurate test reports, increased accuracy and right documentation.
- Improved national and global reputation, image and recognition of the laboratory and thus have access to new markets.
- Test report from one country will be accepted in another county without testing it second time. This will save more time and money due to elimination of the need for multiple assessments.
- Improved performance of the employees
- Better control of laboratory operations and maintenance of test equipments.
- Appropriate handling and transportation of test items.