WHAT IS HACCP CERTIFICATION?
HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point) is a globally recognized technique for avoiding microbiological, chemical and physical contamination that can possibly take place within the food company.
The HACCP method does this by identifying the risks, implementing critical control points, validating, verifying and monitoring control measures before implementation.
It is an effective tool to address food safety by examining risks that can occur from raw materials and human error.
Codex Alimentarius Commission suggested standards and guidelines with regard to different aspects of food production. These requirements have become a benchmark for international trade.
HACCP lays a firm foundation right from the initial production to the end user, highlighting crucial hygiene controls at every stage.
WHY IS HACCP CERTIFICATION NECESSARY?
- The basic criteria for international trade is quality. The food must be free from adulteration and the company must not do malpractices in the manufacturing and sales process.
- The most compelling reason to get HACCP certified is that most of the world’s best food manufacturers today use HACCP as base for their food safety management programs.
- Certain countries like South Korea have declared that HACCP Certification is compulsory for all overseas food exporting companies, in an effort to tighten its control over imported food safety hazards.
WHO CAN OBTAIN HACCP CERTIFICATION?
- HACCP defines suitable production processes for every food sector. It is mainly adapted by primary manufacturers, processors and service operators.
- It is applicable to any company that deals with production, supply, retailing, packing, transportation and farming of food products.
- You can also align HACCP with ISO 22000 to strengthen your food safety management system.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF HACCP CERTIFICATION?
There are many benefits to seeking and employing a HACCP certification.
- You will be implementing an internationally recognized food safety practice that will add value to your business.
- Application of the HACCP results in a more focused risk management that will cover all possible food safety risks – which makes good and logical business sense.
- In addition, your brand will be seen to be trust-worthy in the eyes of the public as it gives them assurance that a food safety program is well managed and control systems are in place. You can protect and enhance brands and private labels.
- This evidence-based approach can be particularly helpful when you undergo an inspection by regulatory authorities or stakeholders.
- Implementing HACCP is a great entry-to-market tool, opening up fresh business opportunities all over the world.
- You can ensure efficient usage of resources and prompt response to food safety concerns.
- A food business must undergo an assessment of its food safety system. This audit has to be carried out by a skilled and qualified auditor.
- ISOCertification-HUB provides a truly hands-on food safety management system at each operation that takes place in your company. We believe that the world should be provided with safe and quality food.
- We are a well-known food safety certification provider in Tamilnadu, with extensive auditing experience across many kinds of food and beverage supply chains.